Living in the East Neuk of Fife, my work is influenced by my surroundings, the Scottish scenery, clarity of light and colour. Since 2007, I have attended an art class run by a local artist and also travel annually to a mixed media painting course in Suffolk. I have demonstrated my painting techniques at Kirkcaldy Art Club and led a few workshops in methods of mixed media painting.
My work is largely experimental using mediums such as acrylics, pastels, acrylic inks and more recently oils and often uses collage to create layers of texture. I would describe my work as being about colour, texture and energy. I hope to develop my skills and expand the variety of my work using new media.
I am currently working towards the 2017 Pittenweem Arts Festival which runs from August 5th to August 13th. See pittenweemartsfestival.co.uk for more details.
- Pittenweem Art Festival 2010-2017
- Fife Art Exhibition, sponsored by Shell 2010-2016. Awarded commendation 2013,2014
- Cancer Research Exhibition, Edinburgh 2010-2015
- Dunkeld Art Exhibition 2011-2016
- East Neuk Open Studios 2012-2017
- St Monans Community Arts Festival 2012-2017
- Elie Art Exhibition 2012-2016
- Cambo House Gallery2013-2016
- Taputeranga Gallery, Wellington N.Z. 2016
- Hill House Gallery, Broughton 2017.